Friday, August 6, 2010

Which business degree to choose for goal of starting my own spa?

I'M WANTING TO GO TO AN ONLINE SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS. PHOENIX ONLINE IS WHERE I'M MOST LEANING TOWARDS. MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO OPEN MY OWN SPA RESORT, BUT I'M UNSURE AS TO WHAT BUSINESS CONCENTRATION I NEED TO GET TO MY GOAL. HERE ARE THE CONCENTRATIONS OFFERED: http://online.phoenix.edu/Degree_Program鈥?/a> PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME A SARCASTIC ANSWER OR EDUCATED GUESS. I WANT TO KNOW THE REAL ANSWER ONLY!!! THANK YOU.Which business degree to choose for goal of starting my own spa?
I go to the UOP online and love it.





If I was wanting to open my own business, I would get and accounting degree this is where you will need the knowledge the most.





If accounting is not your forteit then I would just get a management degree it has some accounting and you can always get more if needed.Which business degree to choose for goal of starting my own spa?
you honestly dont need a degree for starting any business


you need a lawyer, accounting, and financial advisor. this will be your team to help you with your spa to start making money they will teach you how to run it.

Report Abuse



Aesthetics certification should be sufficient then you can just take 1 or 2 business courses.. an actual degree isnt necessary although it can be helpful.
I would choose accounting because since you will the owner, you will have to keep your own books and pay your taxes. The business degree will give you the basics, but you will have to be specific in your senior year. Accounting is great because you will touch every subject such as bookkeeping, taxes, financial reporting and auditing. If you don't these things yourself, it would be very easy for someone to charge you 250-500 a month to keep your books and another 900 to do your taxes. By doing these things yourself, you save money and keep someone from ripping you off.
d
You don't NEED a degree to start your own spa. You need ur willpower and ur money to do it. A degree is needed to work for someone else and not for yourself. You may WANT to take a program or courses to educate yourself on parts of the business that u don't know about. Invest your money into ur business instead of ur degree.
My niece attended University of Phoenix at their campus. She obtained her Business Degree while she was working as a manager in a Spa. Before she went to college she obtained her hair styling license and an Estitition License along with a Massage Schooling and licensing.





Currently, she is teaching Spa management at a private college in Florida. She still works along with her husband in the Spa.





The college degree she got there really helped her. I do think that you need work experience along with the degree.





Good luck with you in you endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment