Friday, August 6, 2010

Do I need a business license to sell homemade spa products from my home? If so, how do I go about getting one?

I think it depends on how much money you make per year. My mom owned a small business and it was considered non profit for the first five years. I don't know the laws in your state, we're in Texas. She got to deduct everything she bought for the business. She didn't have to pay taxes on anything she spent out of her pocket. There are some other benefits such as being able to buy supplies wholesale. There are some companies that are wholesale only but most of them only sell to someone that has a tax number.Do I need a business license to sell homemade spa products from my home? If so, how do I go about getting one?
Check with your state's requirements.


http://www.sba.gov/hotlist/license.html





I would also only deal with .gov sites.





I would also look into any insurance requirements since you are making the products? Just a thought.





I have a home business, http://www.MiaBellaDirect.com, which I do not make the products but I did get a tax ID number for when I do fundraisers and I did get a business license.





They're very easy to obtain. My state did not charge for either.





Good Luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I love your whole blog because your topic was very awesome, I had search a blog on sell a business from long time. your blog is very helpful for me, great job keep it up.

Unknown said...

Very interesting topic shared with us. Keep posting such informative blog.

Post a Comment