Friday, August 6, 2010

I lease a space in a Day Spa and the owner of the day spa has her business for sale, How can I end my lease?

I signed a year lease in October of 2008, it is more of a sublease as I lease a space in another business. The owner of that business has the business on the market, does this not make my lease null and void? If not how can I get out of the lease using this to my advantage?I lease a space in a Day Spa and the owner of the day spa has her business for sale, How can I end my lease?
You can't. Her selling the business has nothing to do with your contract with her.





If that business sells, then you have something to discuss.





I've sold many apartment buildings. Just because that building is for sale doesn't give the tenants the right to break their lease.





Heck, often times the leases a business or building has is part of what's used to sell the place. Perhaps she's counting on the fact her 'spots'; (not sure what you're renting) are full as justification to get her asking price from a seller.I lease a space in a Day Spa and the owner of the day spa has her business for sale, How can I end my lease?
cody is partly right.


If the owner of the business sells the business you are then required to pay the new owner the lease fee`s.


It is the same as a building that is going to change ownership by way of a sale. The new owner expects there rent as the old owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment